Experiential Learning Info Sessions– 8/24 and 9/11
Assist a Texas-based VC evaluate prospective deals. Play the role of a VC as you negotiate Series A Term Sheets. Help write new curriculum at BU.
On Thursday, August 24th, from 1:30 – 3:00 pm (room 406) and Monday, September 11th, from 5:00 – 6:20 (room 408), we’ll be holding Info Sessions to discuss programs on Entrepreneurship, Business Planning, Venture Capital and case writing. Each program separately provides a good opportunity to apply what you’re learning in the classroom: further building your resume through experiential learning opportunities. More info can additionally be found here:
- G-51 Venture Capital Internship Program
- Venture Capital Investment Competition Program
- Various Graduate Case Competitions
- Case Study Writing
None of these program is mutually exclusive in that you can enroll, or get involved, in more than one.
G-51 Deadline: 1-page resume and cover letter due to [email protected] by 12 noon on 9/15, please.
VCIC Deadline: 1-page resume and survey on this link, by 12 noon on 9/15, please.
Case Study Writing Deadline: 1-page resume and cover letter due to [email protected] by 12 noon on 9/15, please.
- ABOUT G51: Knowing the pace and breadth of innovation is increasing, we enable our clients to change with the times with a sense of confidence. We also help you see many possibilities, mindful of lessons learned. What started in 1996 as a boutique venture firm, connected us with amazing entrepreneurs, venture funds, enterprise venture groups and acquisition teams. We further connected with angels, incubators, universities and also family offices. In 2001, we started building a university MBA network to help students learn about private equity.
- The Venture Capital Investment Competition® (VCIC) began at UNC Kenan-Flagler in 1998. It’s additionally an educational event for MBAs to learn about venture funding. VCIC simulates the entire VC investment process in an extremely condensed time period, providing MBA students with a unique first-hand glimpse into the world of venture capital.
- Help develop case studies on early stage businesses over the course of the academic year. You will have the opportunity to be published as a co-author to case studies that will be used in Questrom electives.